Howdy folks, its summer time – so we’re here to give you some tips on how to help your best friend keep cool and relaxed this summer!
Our Quick tips
Here is a quick list to help keep your dog from over-heating during warm weather. Dogs are not only uncomfortable on hot summer days, they are also susceptible to heat stroke and heat exhaustion which can be fatal, especially for overweight and older dogs.
It is easy to live in many of the amazing climate states during the summer and we must train ourselves to keep our dogs needs in mind during the hot summer days. We learned that when the dog is shaved, this can really help – Should you shave your dog in the summer? What you can do to keep your dogs cool in summer?
Here is a quick list to help keep your dog from over-heating during the warm weather:
- Be sure the dog has ample access to fresh, cool drinking water.
- Never leave your dog in a parked car park, particularly for this reason.
- Check to ensure that your dog has access to the shade and do not leave them unattended in the yard when you are at work or away from home.
- In the back yard, setting up a baby pool or a sprinkler would be a great idea.
- Instead of putting water on the back of the dog to cool off the cooler, apply a little water to the front armpits, belly and inner leg of the dog
- If your dog has a dual layer coat, groomer should comb the undercoat to help strengthen your dog’s shelter
- Be sure to reduce the intensity of your play sessions, walks, and runs during extreme heats up.
- Tie your pet’s paws and pads when walking, the streets and sidewalks can get very hot if they are walking
- Fair-skinned dogs with fine coats should apply sunscreen.
- Fortunately, there is plenty of naps on the tile floor
Dogs are not only uncomfortable on hot summer days but they are vulnerable to heat stroke and heat exhaustion – which can be fatal, particularly for overweight and older dogs. Let your dog keep an eye on the age, weight, breed or habits of your dogs and be sure they have as much fun this summer as we do!
Have a happy and safe summer my friends!